Sunday, December 14, 2014

My dear friends...

In life we tend to try to side with one of two questions, "what can I get while I'm here?" and "what can I give while I'm here?" But the reality is life is a bit of both. It's fear that drives us from one side to the next. Fear to not have anything in the end; materials, family, meaning, purpose. But when approaching life as a field, instead of a charity or a store, that's when you grasp the entity of all that life is.

It is a field that needs to be worked and harvested. We can plan what we know, and prepare for the unknown but the best thing we can do is never cease in working; mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. We stop to rest, but we do not quit our purpose. For when we do, dreams remain dreams, darkest moments never see the dawn, and passion slowly dies. Storms will come, drought will threaten our future but hope is a powerful tool, and paired with endurance, it IS unstoppable.

Mike Brown was a man of great imagination and will. He worked and he harvested the most beautiful memories and lessons in life I've seen. I would sit at the table with him and talk about his adventures with the wife and kids he loved so dearly. He left us too soon and with that, there is great pain. But his death is not to be feared but rather remembered as an illuminating moment in all of our lives. A moment that neither asks what can I give or what can I get but instead, "What do I do?"

Although his absence we grieve, his spirit and his faith will help us endure. We carry on his strength, we continue his imagination. We give back to others the time he gave each one of us and in return we continue receiving the peace and fulfillment that his work on this earth is still continuing.

Rest in peace my friend, we'll take it from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment