Monday, December 1, 2014

Little Pink Piano


It was Cyber Monday and I didn't come across a thing I wanted. I really didn't look to be honest. I guess I was just interested in sites that offered Free Shipping. But I didn't come across those either. Maybe it was because Cora had a cold and she was not having it all day? Ugh... goodbye Cyber Monday. I did however come across a little pink grand piano with 30 keys and just knew I had to get it for Cora. Not because I want her to be just like me. In fact, I've had about 10 lessons of piano before my teacher told my mom I wasn't teachable because I wouldn't follow the page and that I just kept playing what was in my head.

No, I don't want Cora to be like me, but I do want to her to see what I've seen in being musical. I want her to see how people are affected by music. How it can break and mend a heart. How it can make you forget the pain or remember the good times for five minutes. Generations, millions of people moved by music. Moved to do great things, become great people, simply by seeing a better version of themselves at the end of a melody.

I want her to hear what I've heard. Hundreds of men, women, and children and their stories on how my personal music showed them they're not alone. I want her to hear their stories of where they came from because PEOPLE, good and bad, are the inspiration in everything we do. What they have to say to us and to each other determines the key and progression of each song. And although the people we come to know may never know the melodies they lead, their songs will forever be heard in our lives and the steps we take.

I want her to know what I know. That it's okay to play alone and it's just as great to play for millions. Her worth and identity should never matter on how many people hear, see, or like her but rather what God has made her to be and if that's hitting one key at a time in an chromatic sequence or smashing at them equally in emotion and not making much sense, I want her to know every song, every step and every breath she takes has a purpose for something beyond herself and beyond her circumstances.
So Merry Christmas Cora. I can't wait to hear your song.

No comments:

Post a Comment